Thursday, September 19, 2013

Day 20 of 30 paintings in 30 days...

Okay, my theme of doing seascapes is driving me crazy!  Each one is so different but I must say, I'm tiring of them day after day.  It would be like eating pasta every day.


But...with each painting I'm learning on this challenge.

I've learned once you put your signature on it, QUIT!  Any changes you make after that are always a headache to correct.  
I'm learning where I always thought how some artists are known for doing portraits or doing dogs, or landscapes or seascapes or still-lives, I felt out of sorts because I like to do them all!  I felt I couldn't find my niche.  Where did I belong?  But I'm learning it's a BLESSING because it must sometimes get rather dull doing the same thing day after day.  I like variety.  Also, I'm blessed I work in oils, acrylic and pastel.  I've worked in other mediums but as I've aged, I've limited my mediums.  I can't imagine working in just one medium!

I'm naming this painting, "A work of nature" because I struggled with this painting.  I don't know if it was because I'm on this challenge and I'm forced to make quick decisions while painting (probably), or if I'm bored with doing beach scenes, (did I just type that?), or because for me, this was a work of my nature?  A wave is such a beautiful thing, and certainly a work of nature, but for now, I feel I share nature's force in the making of this particular wave.  (In other words, I feel wiped out.)

Oil, 6" X 6", $35


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, and I love your seascapes, I'm also addicted to them, I can't help it I have to paint some ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you I like variety too. I have different paintings I have started in different mediums.
    I think your seascapes are beautiful.

    I have another idea for you. A seascape with a big Hawaiian flower blossom in the foreground. Maybe a hibiscus.

    I can see it in my minds eye.

    ReplyDelete