Sunday, September 1, 2013

Painting number ONE of thirty in thirty days!


This is the first painting of thirty!  
Oils...4" X 4"

See this painting along with others on this link, I'm artist number 189 today.

http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com

I tried a different approach with this painting.
I did an underpainting in orange acrylic.  
Orange being opposite of blue on the color wheel I though would make a good base.  

What I've learned from this challenge so far.
1.  I don't like painting fast (although I already know it, this confirms it).
2.  Glad I planned ahead.
3.  It's okay to try something new.
4.  Never use tape to make a horizon again...it leaves an indentation.



This is what it looked like during the process.  

Personal thoughts...I would rather paint quality than quantity.  I don't like the look of "rushed" work.  
I'm having some problems with my eyes, I need to see an eye doctor, things are blurry.  This is not good, I'm hoping I don't need surgery again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment