Monday, September 1, 2014

Day 1 of "30 Paintings in 30 Days"

Balloon over Melbourne

While vacationing in Melbourne, Australia, my husband and I decided to take a hot-air balloon ride, something that was on my "bucket list".  I loved it as I knew I would.  There were only two things I didn't like.  Getting up early and when we landed, we landed on our side, that was a little scary.  

Would I ever do it again?  Before I got out of the balloon, I said, "I hope we can do this again!  

Here's the actual photo from which I worked.


And here is the final painting.  

I'm not too thrilled with the painting but it's the first one back after not painting for about a month.  I see so many mistakes but that's okay, for me, it brings back a moment in time.  It was fun.  And although I didn't quite get the shape of the hot-air balloon right, I'm okay with that too.  Looking at it, people will know it's a hot-air balloon.  

Here are the colors I used:

Permalba White
Titanium White
Sap Green
Alizarin Crimson
Burnt Umber
Raw Sienna

and the yellow colors I used are:

Yellow Ochre
Cadmium Yellow Light
Diarlyide Yellos
Cadmium Barium Yellow
Naples Yellow
Chrome Titanate Yellow
Indian Yellow.

Brushes I used are:

Hake for blending
Liner
#2 Round
#10 Flat
#10 Filbert

It was created in oils, on a 6" X 6" gallery wrapped canvas, painted on all four sides so no frame is needed.  $30 plus shipping.  Must dry first!  

No comments:

Post a Comment