Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 25 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Puerto Plata, 
The Dominican Republic





This 6" X 6" Gallery wrapped painting was completed from a photograph I took while vacationing in The Dominican Republic last year in a small town called "Puerto Plata".  The food in the Dominican Republic was really good, the scenery in some parts were gorgeous, others simply sad, but the driving was mad!  So glad I had time to see sights like the above painting to balance things out!  I would never want to return, as while turning our D.R. money in to the bank at the airport, wouldn't you know some of the money was fake!  How were we to know?  It looked real and we got it from an ATM at the local grocery store.  Good thing they believed we were telling the truth...well, they believed me, my husband was busy dealing with the rental car company charging us nearly $1200 for a flat tire replacement.  (Oh, trust me, that was settled.)  Go back?  NOPE...  Paint it?  Sure.

Here is the photo and the painting right next to one another.


I was pressed for time, I started painting at midnight, so I didn't paint on the sides of this one, however, here is a collage to show you how nice it looks, and know I would continue the painting onto the sides if you'd like or paint it all one color if that is what you'd like.  


To return to my website, click below:





No comments:

Post a Comment