Thursday, September 4, 2014

Day 4 of "30 Paintings in 30 Days"

North Shore, Oahu


Today on the 30 day painting challenge, I am taking you to the stunningly beautiful North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii, land of surfers, beach goers, photographers, painters, but mainly tourist!

Yes, it truly is this beautiful and more!  And the photograph from which I worked was taken on a horrible weather day when the water was rough and people were advised not to swim nor surf!  Can you imagine on a serene day? 

I long to go back!

6" X 6" Oil painting, $30 plus shipping.

Colors used:
Permalba White
Titanium White
Cerulean Blue
French Ultramarine Blue
Payne's Gray
Thalo Blue
Burnt Sienna
Burnt Umber
Yellow Ochre
Alizarin Crimson

Brushes used:
#10 Flat
#4 Round
Liner

All my paintings for this challenge are the same size, same price.  

Here is the original photograph from which I worked.


I actually played around with this photo on my computer before I painted it to try to see it blurry since I do not have the ability to squint.  (After a past eye surgery, I do not have that ability.  Wonderfully computers today can do fabulous tricks to compensate!)



To get to my website, click below.






2 comments: