Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 22 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days

SPROUTING HORN


Sprouting Horn Beach Park is on the Garden Isle of Kaua'i, Hawaii.  It is where you can watch a blowhole sprout a plume of sea water into the air.  The water sprout occurs whenever the waves are forced under the lava shelf and up the through an opening in the rocky coast.  It may blast upwards to 50 feet when violently forced.  I saw it go up about 15-20 feet tops.  It sounds like a big woos of water like a whale does when it's coming up for air!  

It's not a big attraction, only takes a mere five minute to watch, and there's some vendors nearby, but for the most part, it's still cool to see mother nature at her finest.  

Here's a collage of the painting.


And here is the reference photo I took when I was there.  Actually I took so many photos because you have to time it just right...and this was about the best one I took.


I opted to not include the shrubbery in front.  The paint was just too wet.
This 6" X 6" is painted on the sides and will sell for $30 plus shipping.  

To return to my website, click below:



No comments:

Post a Comment